Think of us as your online Shopping concierge !

Friday, December 19, 2008

Louis Vuitton sues rapper T.I over use of LV products in video...

Louis Vuitton - One billion served and Counting...(McDonalds much?)



"Alright, okay, I don't dance, no way
I just take my Louie rag out and wave it round in the air
Take my Gucci rag out and wave it round in the air
Alright, okay, I don't dance, no way
I just take my Louie rag out and wave it round in the air
Take my Gucci rag out and wave it round in the air"

The lyrics to T.1's song "Swing ya Rag" which he recently performed on SNL and the video of which is the subject of a lawsuit.

The match between rappers and Louis Vuitton is a rather ambivalent one indeed. Wasn't it just a few moments ago (at least it seems like), Foxy Brown sang about Marc Jacobs and they became BFF'S?. (He recognised the economic power and influence of rappers).

Who could possibly miss Kanye Wests' love for the label, but now in an effort to retain their cache (very funny) and to protect their brand, LV is going after the rapper T.I.

First Louis Vuitton sued Britney Spears over use of a Vuitton-embroidered dashboard in a video and now it's T.I. He won't be releasing his "Swing Ya Rag" video which highlights both Gucci and Louis Vuitton products due to actions from both companies.

Just so you know, LV. That scarf was also recently seen on Jamie Foxx and that is solely because of this song, we think.

Says T.I:
"We spoke to them. The video, it's done. But I guess it's one of those corporate things where they don't wanna be associated or affiliated with a certain type of brand," T.I. said in a statement. "A T.I. video ain't the best look in their eyes right now. No harsh feelings."

"At the end of the day, it's gonna be a time when somebody is gonna have to sit at my table, and we gonna have the same type of conversations," T.I. shared his thought further. "It might be something as simple as just a party or endorsement. One thing is, the world goes around and comes back. I can take it when it's my turn."

Louis Vuitton has to decide if it wants Mega profits or status. You can't be the McDonalds of Fashion and then overzealously who sings or does a video about your product.

Strangely, when the musiciand sing or speak about it (free advertising), nothing is said but when a video is put out, a law suit occurs. Can we say Overzealous Lawyers?

Just Chill, like it or not, folks up at Louis Vuitton-when these guys decide your product is played out, you won't be too happy.

No comments: