Think of us as your online Shopping concierge !

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Anya Hindmarch - How to organize your handbag

Anya Hindmarch - Cholet handbag



Anya Hindmarch Cholet bag - $1,250.00 Available atshopbop.com

No more fluff-encrusted lip-salves and lost pen lids - with tips from the designer Anya Hindmarch, your bag can be clutter-free for ever


Don't Overload Apart from anything else, a heavy bag is bad for your back, but being overloaded also ruins the line of a bag and stretches the leather. I carry a tote as well as my handbag to work, which acts like a mobile in-tray. Choose one without built-in dividers as these can be really annoying when you're trying to squeeze in something big like a file


Have a clear-out If I have a messy handbag, it feels like I've got messy hair - like I'm not quite on top of things. Don't use your bag as a dumping ground. Every few weeks empty it on to a table and sort through the four lip-salves, three chequebooks and 15 receipts you've been carting around. We all carry far more than we need every day


Divide and Conquer I sort everything in my handbag into little loose pouches, each a different colour - one for receipts, one for money, one for things such as paracetamol and lip-salve. It's like an internal filing system and makes it so much easier when transferring things from bag to bag. We've designed some beautiful leather ones - a step up from the plastic foreign-currency wallets that gave me the idea in the first place.


Read more from handbag queen Anya Hindmarch

No comments: